Recap of 2014
1. Well we moved again. This time we are staying put (I swear). Three moves in the last 3 years has not been fun but we got the deal of a lifetime and are in a dream location and in an actual house. We are living the small town lifestyle now. I didn't think that Seal Beach was really for me but since moving in in June, I've completely changed my mind. I love the kids playing in the street every afternoon, chatting with other moms out on walks during the day, pulling Blake in the Radio Flyer to Pavillions to get stuff to make dinner, pushing Blake in her car down to the park by the pier to play. They also have so many fun activities going on all the time. Concerts and movies in the park all summer, a huge 3rd of July spectacular (yes I said the 3rd), a huge Christmas tree lighting at the pier complete with sledding in real snow and Santa showing up by police escort, and the world famous Christmas parade.
2. Blake turned one
3. I finished my clinical fieldwork for my SLPA and am now just awaiting my license in the mail and searching for a job.
4. Blake went on her first plane ride to Cabo.
5. We hosted Christmas at the new house.
6. Blake hit a ton of firsts. Crawling, walking, talking, kissing, hugging, etc etc etc. She is so much fun now but a total handful too ;)
|She's going to hate me for this one day but seriously, it's just so freaking cute. I mean...look at the socks :)|
7. We decided that it was better for our man Cody to go live with Grandma. He was slowly becoming more and more anxious in our household and was still not completely trustworthy around Blake. We love that guy so much but we were finally tipped over the edge when Blake stepped on his toe and he reached up and nipped her behind the ear. Definitely NOT COOL. He is much happier over at his Grandma's house (he just plain likes her better than us) and we don't have to stress and worry about him peeing on the carpet, barking and waking up the baby, attacking the mail man, or bolting out the door into the street constantly. We still get to see him regularly so it worked out pretty well. I really tried everything up until this point because I didn't want to let him go. I'm not sure I could have even done it if we didn't have this perfect arrangement. We got really lucky.
My goals for 2015:
1. Get a job!! I'm so ready for this next chapter to start. My internship has given me a taste of how it feels to finally be doing therapy and it makes me want it so much more.
2. Let go of small stuff and try to be more present in each moment.
3. Do a few DIY house projects. Since we don't have a lot of money it makes it hard to decorate this big house but it is slowly going more and more from house to home.
4. Be productive every day. Even if that means to just get out of the workout clothes and get ready in the morning. Sometimes it feels easier to be lazy but I really do feel better when I start my day early and am getting things done.