Alright, alright 34 is mid 30s but enough about that.
Things to start doing in your 30s
If you haven't started doing these things already, it's time to start. I read this article the other day and it had some great reminders. Of course none of this info was new to me but it's easy to keep saying "I will start that tomorrow." It's time to take action before it's too late.
1. Start saving for retirement.
2. Start taking care of your health. (diet, exercise, mental health, etc)
3. Don't spend time with people who bring you down.
4. Be good to people you do care about.
5. You can't have everything, focus on a few things you do well.
6. Don't be afraid to take risks, you can still change.
7. Continue to grow and develop yourself.
8. Nobody knows what they are doing, we all just wing it.
9. Invest in your family.
10. Be kind to and respect yourself.
Another thing I try to do is spend a few minutes of my day thinking about the things I am grateful for. It's cheesy but thoughts really do change how you feel and then how you act. They can shape your life. Last year I decided to make a vision board. I definitely don't post this up in my house or anything but I gathered some pictures and quotes of things that inspire me or are things that I want for my life and made a word document. I look at it on my computer or my phone whenever I can and guess what? Pretty much everything on last year's board has happened in my life in one way or another.